April 21, 2023
by Pastor Chuck SwindollScriptures: Mark 2
A Public Agenda Foundation study, coauthored by Daniel Yankelovich, came up with these top ten qualities that today's workers want in a job: 1) Work with people who treat me with respect. 2) Interesting work . . .
A Public Agenda Foundation study, coauthored by Daniel Yankelovich, came up with these top ten qualities that today's workers want in a job:
- Work with people who treat me with respect
- Interesting work
- Recognition for good work
- Chance to develop skills
- Work for people who listen if you have ideas about how to do things better
- A chance to think for myself
- Seeing the end results of my work
- Working for efficient managers
- A job that is not too easy
- Feeling well-informed about what is going on
Ponder that list. Notice what isn't included in the top ten: job security, benefits, vacation time, and high salary. Yet most companies still operate as though they are the big four—the only ways to motivate and keep their employees.
Ours is a new world. We cannot exist as though it isn't changing.
Now, think about your church. Do you think any of the above might apply? Do any of them apply to you? How is your church meeting the changes and challenges of today?