Can you think of a year when we’ve needed Thanksgiving more? Yes, I’m talking about THIS year, 2020—the year when COVID-19 took hundreds of thousands of lives worldwide . . . when racial tensions exploded into destruction and violence . . . and when political differences ripped apart families, friendships, and churches. For many, 2020 has been a year of unprecedented loss, deep heartache, and debilitating stress. It has been for Cynthia and me, as well. That’s exactly why we need Thanksgiving more than ever!
Thanksgiving is a holiday with deep, biblical roots. It’s a mute reminder of Paul’s admonition: “Be thankful in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). It’s a day for those who belong to Christ Jesus to look up, around, and within as we use three magnificent words that can completely change our perspective: “Thank You, Lord!”
This year, Cynthia and I say, “Thank You, Lord!” for:
- Our lives and health . . . and that we’ve been able to care for one another through the rough patches
- 725 pilgrims, representing 44 different states in the U.S. and 10 other countries around the world, who traveled with us to Israel in March . . . and for our safe returns—some the very day before travel shut down in our homelands!
- Bringing to mind Epochal Events—a perfect series for our times—and providing the technology to re-air those messages online when churches, including ours, had to be closed
- Financial support that has allowed us to continue ministering unhindered through the pandemic
- The completion of Swindoll’s Living Insights New Testament Commentary series—the culmination of 14 years’ work
- Prompting IFLM Arabic—just in time the day before—to relocate to a new building away from the blasts that devastated Beirut
- Subhadheer Vempati’s becoming our pastor of the Telugu language in India and for new student interns from Haiti, Spain, and Mongolia
We’re also saying thank you for YOU . . . and so are our teams across the globe!
Every time you give to Insight for Living Ministries, your donation goes around the world. Literally! Right now, we’re ministering in 72 countries and eight languages . . . and a portion of every gift we receive goes to supporting that work. In the following video, I’ve asked representatives from each of the languages in which we currently minister to share with you their gratitude for God’s grace this year. As you view their testimonies, will you please do two things?
First, join us in saying, “Thank You, Lord!” Lift your voice in gratitude for what He has done for you and through you in this difficult year! Second, ask Him about donating to Insight for Living Ministries this Thanksgiving to help our teams continue proclaiming His truth worldwide.
On behalf of all of us at Insight and each person who has received help and hope through the teaching of God’s Word, thank you for making this incredible year happen!
Pastor Charles R. Swindoll