- Making the Time Count March 15, 2013 We can spend a lot of time with our kids, taking them here and there, and still fail to really know who they are or to say what we should say. Chuck Swindoll talks about priorities.
- So Glad to Have You March 18, 2013 Parents necessarily spend a great deal of time correcting and training their children. But Chuck Swindoll gives tips on how to make sure we’re also encouraging them regularly.
- You're Very Good at That March 19, 2013 Chuck Swindoll has learned that discovering your child’s unique characteristics and strengths requires observation and sensitivity—and the willingness to let them be different from you!
- 1 and 6, and That's Okay March 20, 2013 In our competitive culture, of course we want to see our child do well. But Chuck Swindoll spells out some valuable lifelong lessons we can teach a child after he or she has lost.
- You Cannot Lose My Love March 21, 2013 It's one thing for a child to fail after he's done his best, but what if he makes terrible choices and really blows it? Chuck Swindoll gives some important advice about unconditional love.
- Get Better, Not Bitter March 22, 2013 As much as you may protect your children, sooner or later they will learn that life isn't fair. Chuck Swindoll says that how you walk them through injustice can steer their attitude for life.
- You'll Need Two Manuals March 25, 2013 Girls learn self-respect and trust from how their dads treat them. Boys learn how to treat a girl from their moms. Chuck Swindoll outlines some differences in parenting a boy versus a girl.
- History Not Repeated March 26, 2013 If you weren't parented well, are you doomed to repeat your parents' mistakes? Chuck Swindoll urges new parents to draw firm boundaries and find great role models to learn from.
- Kids You Can Send Home March 27, 2013 Chuck Swindoll knows how grandparents can play an extremely valuable role in a child's life. Without having the role of disciplining, they can present a longer, calmer view of life.
The Grace Awakening
- Grace Defined December 19, 2012 It’s always hard to come up with a fitting definition for such a deep and wide concept as grace. Chuck Swindoll and Michael Easley offer up some descriptions of God’s grace toward us.
- "Can I Pay You for That?" December 20, 2012 It’s natural to want to reciprocate when you receive a free gift. Chuck Swindoll tells a story of a time when it was hard for him to simply accept another’s labor of kindness.
- Is Grace Risk-Free? December 21, 2012 It isn’t always easy to extend grace to others. And it can be downright risky. Chuck Swindoll gives a measurement for how he knows when he’s preaching grace sufficiently.
- Who Measures Up Best? December 26, 2012 When you have no rules, how do you know when you’ve followed them? Chuck Swindoll says some resist grace because they want to have a measure of their spirituality.
- Does Grace Ever Confront? December 27, 2012 Jesus was the model of grace, and yet He wasn't afraid to rebuke others. Chuck Swindoll gives suggestions on how to know when it's time to correct someone graciously.
- "I Humbly Repent" December 28, 2012 Being corrected can sting our pride. Who likes to be called out for misspeaking? But Chuck Swindoll says we can even show grace in the way we receive reproof from others.
- Unnecessary Comparisons December 31, 2012 Chuck Swindoll says there's no one more miserable than the one he calls a "grace killer." This person can't allow room for others to be different, which always leads to condemnation.
- Come as You Are? January 2, 2013 We don't worry about meat sacrificed to idols today, but there are other issues we get riled about. Chuck Swindoll tells a heartwarming story about grace extended to an "outsider."
- Stirring the Pot January 3, 2013 Legalists fear losing the boundaries that they think make them acceptable to God, so Chuck Swindoll expected some hate mail from The Grace Awakening. Find out what he did receive.
- Grace Can Be Fun January 4, 2013 Chuck Swindoll is known for his sense of humor, but it wasn't always that way. Find out how living in God's grace freed him up to be himself and have a lot more fun!
- It's a Heart Issue January 7, 2013 Yes, God does give us some commands and lists in Scripture that we should take seriously. But Chuck Swindoll tells us how to avoid looking at these verses legalistically.
- It’s God’s Signature Piece July 9, 2012 How is the title God’s Masterwork indicative of how Chuck Swindoll views Scripture? Chuck explains how an artist’s masterwork reveals their mind and heart.
- Take In the Full View July 11, 2012 Chuck Swindoll explains how a survey of the entire Bible helps us see the overall purpose and context for the individual books—how they all fit together.
- Get the Big Picture First July 13, 2012 A Bible survey is a remedy for the phrase, “You can’t see the forest for the trees.” Chuck Swindoll says God’s Masterwork reveals the forest to prepare us for “tree study.”
- I Speak on What I Need to Hear July 16, 2012 Chuck Swindoll reveals a major mistake often made in the pulpit and tells why Bible application should break down any barriers between a preacher and his listeners.
- He Was There All Along July 18, 2012 Chuck Swindoll describes several incidents where Jesus makes an appearance in Old Testament stories. And Chuck says, why shouldn’t He? He’s never had a beginning!
- God’s Unchanging Nature July 20, 2012 Is grace a theme found just in the New Testament? Chuck Swindoll gives several examples where grace was bestowed upon someone in the Old Testament also.
- You and I Are Not Okay July 23, 2012 Just as we each inherit our parents' physical features, we also inherit our sin nature from them. Chuck Swindoll explains how this contamination makes us as "bad off" as we can be.
- Does God Ever Worry? July 25, 2012 What used to be a fearful concept to Chuck Swindoll is now one of his favorite themes: God's sovereignty. What does it really mean to say God is in complete control?
- The Best Promise Keeper July 27, 2012 Do you know how many promises are in Scripture? How many can you name? Chuck Swindoll says they jump out at you more easily when you’re doing a survey of the Bible.
- A Bible Quiz July 30, 2012 When asked to summarize some Bible books in just a few words, Chuck was up for the task! Hear his short summaries of Job, Philippians, Genesis, and more.
- Better Armored Now August 1, 2012 What is Chuck’s wish going forward for those who have journeyed with him all the way through 66 books of the Bible? Psalm 119:11 gives us a clue to his hopes for their future.
- The Focal Point Is Constant August 3, 2012 When you study the Bible in chronological order, you can see better how the whole story unfolds. Find out why Chuck Swindoll compares the flow of Scripture to a rooftop.
A Life Well Lived
- It Says It All April 13, 2012 When Chuck Swindoll was looking for the right verse to use to teach on the balanced life, why did he choose Micah 6:8? More important, what does this verse really say?
- A Three-Legged Stool April 17, 2012 Chuck Swindoll comments on each of the three phrases included in Micah 6:8, and he explains why he sees a perfect balance in place when we obey all three commands.
- You're Talking to Me! April 19, 2012 When Chuck Swindoll has taught on Micah 6:8 to live audiences, He has seen God reveal to his listeners an area of their lives that needs to be better balanced.
- Finishing Strong April 23, 2012 Is a message on the balanced life helpful to someone who’s already lived most of his or her life? Chuck Swindoll claims it’s never too late to trust God to change you.
- What About You, Chuck? April 25, 2012 Chuck Swindoll reveals how Micah 6:8 speaks to him, and he admits which area of his own life he’d like to improve as he seeks to obey God in his everyday actions.
Strike the Original Match
- Speak without Words February 20, 2012 Chuck Swindoll suggests it’s not so much what a wife says to her husband that will win him over. He’s more apt to respond to her gentle behavior and her attitude.
- Just Hear Her Out February 21, 2012 Sometimes a wife just wants to be listened to, understood, and accepted for who she is. Chuck Swindoll encourages husbands to truly know their wife’s inner struggles and dreams.
- Nothing Left to Hide February 22, 2012 If you’re going to live with someone 24/7, Chuck Swindoll says it’s crucial for you to open your life and heart to them and keep no secrets. Transparency should always be your goal.
- It’s Only Money March 1, 2012 If you find that many of your marital arguments center around money matters, hear these tips on how the Swindolls communicate with one another about finances.
- Time Has Returned March 2, 2012 The kids are grown and gone; the house is quiet. Now what do you do? Speaking from experience, Chuck Swindoll gives advice on what empty-nesters can now pursue together.
Growing Deep in the Christian Life
- Why "Growing Deep"? December 6, 2011 Chuck Swindoll explains why he chose the title “Growing Deep” for this classic broadcast series and what it has to do with a study of theology.
- Why Am I Here? December 13, 2011 Let’s face it; most of us have asked ourselves that question at one point or another. Chuck Swindoll says the answer to it is found in the study of theology, of all things!
- What About My Feelings? December 20, 2011 Is rearing children a doctrinal issue? Chuck Swindoll says that’s just one of many areas where we have to ignore our feelings and choose to go with what the Bible says instead.
- Put On the Lenses of God December 27, 2011 Relational instructions in the Bible seem counter-intuitive at times. Turn the other cheek? Chuck Swindoll says even how you respond to the attacks of others is a doctrinal issue.
- Free to Be Me January 3, 2012 How much time do you spend shaping your image into the way you want others to see you? Chuck Swindoll says theology helps you know who you are—and who you’re not!
- Avoid a Mine Explosion January 10, 2012 Chuck Swindoll says that knowing solid doctrine helps you navigate the minefields of life and avoid unnecessary pain and confusion during trying times.
- Does Theology Affect Me? January 17, 2012 Is theology just head knowledge or can it really make a difference as we face the everyday stuff of life? Chuck Swindoll sees theology as the most practical information we can learn.
- Set Logic Aside January 24, 2012 Do you base your decisions on what your friends tell you to do? On what your heart is telling you? Chuck Swindoll says that only the truth of God’s Word is a reliable guide.
- Did Jesus Say He’s God? January 31, 2012 Christians around the world claim that Jesus is God. But what did Jesus Himself say about that? Did His earthly life prove it’s true? Chuck Swindoll fields these questions.