Church services are often called worship services. But there are certain elements that must be present for that description to be accurate.
- How to Recognize a Healthy Church Chuck Swindoll lists six essential qualities that every healthy church should reflect. See how your church lines up—or use this checklist as you search for the right church for you.
- Making Melody
- Mean What You Sing
- Music's Effective Ministry
- Seven Ways to Cultivate Joy Some may think that joy is an emotion that you either feel or you don’t. Chuck Swindoll suggests that joy is more of an intentional attitude that we have a lot of control over. He lists seven practical principles that, when practiced regularly, will be sure to help us put negativity and worry behind us and develop the joyful, steady character God desires of us.
- Songless Saints Chuck Swindoll expounds upon the admonishment in Scripture that we are to sing and to make a melody to the Lord. Christians have the most to sing about, yet many believers never sing a note outside of a church building. Chuck suggests ways to let the joy of the Lord take over and spill out into song, any time of the day or night.
- The Why, Where, and How of Worship With the help of Psalm 150, Chuck Swindoll breaks down some of the elements of worship and what it does and does not include. Then he gives a special word to those whose circumstances may be stifling their worship of God right now.
- Worshiping with Spiritual Integrity