End Times Articles
Separate fact from fiction as you learn what the “last days” will look like.
- Christ's Return The return of Christ is an event we all know is coming but, according to Chuck Swindoll, one that we don’t dwell on nearly enough. If we knew how much life on earth will be altered by that momentous event, we might totally realign our priorities and see everything in a different light. Read Chuck’s dos and don’ts list for preparing for that day.
- Christ's Return
- Everything Is Under Control
- He's Coming . . . Are You Ready?
- How Firm Is Your Foundation? This article stresses the importance of a Christian faith that is grounded in solid, biblical theology and correct doctrine. Without this foundation, it’s easy for us to alter our beliefs to fit our emotional experiences or to succumb to our world’s demands for tolerance and pragmatism. All believers need to receive basic, sound theological teaching in order to deepen their relationships with Jesus Christ.
- Judgment Day Chuck Swindoll describes the future judgments that await every man, woman, and child who has ever lived. Those who have trusted Christ for their salvation will be judged by God according to their relationship with Jesus, declared righteous, and ushered into eternal life with Him. Those who rejected Christ will be judged according to their deeds and punished for their sins with eternity in hell. Read this article to see Chuck’s explanation of these terms and events and be challenged to choose Christ.
- Prophetic Momentum
- Reading Revelation Studying the book of Revelation is a challenge, even to the most experienced student of the Bible. It’s unlike any other book of the Bible, with its symbolism and figurative language. This article gives valuable suggestions on how to approach your reading and study of this book, what cautions to take to keep from wandering off-course, and how to come away with practical application for your life today.
- Scriptural Support for Christ's Return
- The Final War Charles Swindoll imagines how God will fulfill the prophecy in the book of 2 Peter regarding the end of the world. We can’t know exactly how it will happen, but the reality of its future occurrence should capture our attention. And we can prepare ourselves for the day of its destruction by living holy lives.
- The Rapture: The Next Event on God's Calendar In this article, renowned Bible teacher John F. Walvoord reminds us that the rapture—the time when Jesus will take His followers to be with Him—could happen at any moment. So his simple question to us is: Are you ready? Read this article to learn what you must do to prepare for this momentous event.
- The Second Coming: What Are We Looking For? Respected commentator Dr. Ronald Allen describes the interplay of Old Testament prophecy and New Testament teaching as they relate to the end times. What will Christ’s second coming look like? How will the promised judgments be carried out? This article will help you to reach a greater understanding of these complex biblical truths and what they mean to our world today.
- Understanding Prophecy This article explains the tension between a literal and a non-literal, or allegorical, interpretation of biblical prophecy. The author traces the history of both approaches, and then he states the necessity of returning to the literal interpretation started by the early church. Walvoord expresses the importance of not attaching so many explanations to prophecy that there cannot be any agreement on their meaning.
- Will the Real Antichrist Please Stand Up?