See the nativity story from a fresh, new angle and gain a better understanding of the original meaning behind it all.
- Be Careful This Christmas
- Dealing with Holiday Loneliness
- Giving the Unexpected
- Glimpses of Christmas Around the World
- God's Unusual Leading When certain Bible stories, such as the events surrounding Jesus’s birth, become too familiar to us, we can forget how strange and incomprehensible God’s directives must have sounded to the recipients. But if we remind ourselves of how mysterious God’s ways seemed way back then, it can help us to keep following God and moving ahead now when His leading has us shaking our heads in bewilderment. Wayne Stiles reminds us that it’s not necessary to understand the whys of God’s leading in order to move when He says move.
- Growing Closer to God: Celebrating Jesus
- Looking at the Big Picture . . . and Finding Hope
- My Advice This Christmas
- My Lord and My God!
- Of Prophets and Angels
- Operation Arrival
- Peace on Earth . . . We Need It Now
- Strangely Wrapped, Silently Delivered
- The Gift for the Person Who Has Everything Christians should naturally be known for their selfless acts of service and compassion to others but, as Chuck Swindoll points out, believers can get just as caught up in the distractions of our material world as anyone else. The list of suggested ways to give of yourself to others is a refreshing reminder of what really ministers to people and of what exhibits God’s supernatural love in ways that are becoming increasingly rare.
- The Gift I Didn’t Know I Wanted
- The Night After Christmas In a humorous spin of the well-known “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” poem, Wayne Stiles reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas by lamenting what it has become for so many, in spite of our best intentions. Chuckle as you read his poem, and recognize the guilt most of us feel for getting carried away with the wrong priorities.