What would you think if there was a guaranteed method for doubling your money? Would you think it was too good to be true? Will Rogers would advise taking a dollar out of your pocket, folding it in half, and placing it back in your pocket. Well, that’s certainly one way of “doubling” your money; however, most of us want a better return.
Jesus advised we not get too caught up in our earthly investments because they have a way of disappearing (Matthew 6:19). Instead, for those who want to really make their money work for them, Jesus counseled us to invest in eternity. These investments, Jesus promised, will never cease to pay dividends (Matthew 6:20) and always reveal our real priorities (Matthew 6:21).
Over the course of more than three decades, many have had a heart for the ministry of Insight for Living. They have faithfully entrusted to us a part of the treasure the Lord first entrusted to them. And we, in turn, have invested those funds into the various ministries of Insight for Living that continue to reap eternal returns.
Perhaps you have a heart for the ministry of Insight for Living as well and are considering investing some of your treasure with us . . . but you wonder whether or not that would be a wise investment. You might ask yourself how Insight for Living distributes its funds. This is a good question. Every shrewd investor should “settle accounts” with those who are entrusted with such investments (Matthew 25:14–19). Insight for Living holds this trust as sacred, so the information you’ll find on these pages is an open and honest accounting of how we’ve allocated our donors’ investments over the past few years. As you seek to be a wise steward of God’s treasures, please consider this information carefully. We believe you’ll find us “good and faithful servants” of the funds the Lord has graciously given to us through our donors.
Recent, major accomplishments that have taken place at Insight for Living
- A regional ministry office was established in Wroclaw, Poland, for the Polish-language broadcast Pelnia Życia which began airing in July 2011.
- Romanians Ben and Anda Mogos, who interned with Insight for Living while attending Dallas Theological Seminary, returned to Bucharest, Romania, upon graduating. They have started a church and have begun to translate Chuck's sermons into the Romanian language with plans underway to open a regional ministry office.
- In 2011 National Religious Broadcasters honored Chuck Swindoll with its International Impact Award.
- To better serve the ministry needs of our Spanish-language listeners in Central America, Insight for Living established a regional ministry office for Visión Para Vivir in partnership with the Central American Theological Seminary (SETECA) in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Updating our program music to better identify with our messages
- Upgrading our home office in Texas to a new and more capable computer server and network
How your gifts to our ministry are spent
- Program Costs: 84%
- Support: 10%
- Fundraising: 6%
Notable facts about Insight for Living Ministries
- More than 1,450 radio stations airing the Insight for Living broadcast in the U.S.
- Six language groups hearing the Insight for Living broadcast
- Nine international office locations
- Ten different ministry Web site addresses
- More than 125,000 listener calls answered in 2011
- More than 180,000 products shipped out in 2011
- More than 2.8 million e-mail messages sent out monthly
- More than 115,000 Bible-teaching resources produced per year
- More than 8 million MP3 files of Chuck's messages accessed online or downloaded in 2011